I’m almost done with The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles by Haruki Murakami, which I love and recommend to everyone ready for some heavy duty reading. In a matter of a day or two, I will be without extracurricular reading material. This is bad because I spend all day reading Internet stuff, comment sections included, and that can make me hate the world. I’m asking for your help before I start talking to myself about the decline of civility and spelling in the U.S.
Suggest a book for me to read in the comments. Any book. If I haven’t read it, I will hunt it down at the LA Public Library and read it. If I’ve already read it, I will go and read it again. I’ll write a book report or everything I read.
Here’s the criteria:
– Fiction will be read first because I deal with too much non-fiction for work.
– Any suggestions of 50 Shades of whatever will be ignored. I heard Gilbert Gottfried’s reading. That’s enough.
– Comic book suggestions are welcome, but I’m backed up on comics I’m reading. I typically read one book with pictures and one without pictures at the same time.
If you want an idea of my tastes, here’s a list of books I love.
– Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
– The Handmaid’s Tale
– Pride & Prejudice
– The Picture of Dorian Gray
– The Great Gatsby
There you go. Help out a bookworm today.